Could I add edit permission control at one single field?

Will You August 19, 2022

Like the 'Story Point', we want to keep this field not change after groomming meeting or planning meeting. 

Could someone give an advice?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Hi @Will You 

There is no single field level edit permission. But there is a workaround. Remove the field from EDIT SCREEN (Project Settings -> Screens) and then in workflows, create a new transition that returns itself with a newly created screen including this field. Then give condition to this transition.

The following config allows people edit field who match condition in any status:

Ekran Resmi 2022-08-19 13.32.31.png

Or do it for specific status:

Ekran Resmi 2022-08-19 13.30.54.png

Will You August 21, 2022

Thank you for your answer, that's work!

DavidBernardoSI1996 February 9, 2024

Hello I stumbled across this issue also, but when I try to replicate the workaround the transition to itself never appears as an option, is this solution only available for service managed projects? Or am I doing something wrong?

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2022

Jira doesn't have field level security. The work around is to put the field on the view screen and use a controlled transition to display it or move to the next status if that is your workflow. You say you don't want it to change, but my experience says sometime down the line in some issue you will. So plan for that and put a similar transition somewhere else in the workflow where you might want to change it in the future. 

Suggest an answer