Correct Jira-Plugin to show the number of issues assigned for a user...

Dunila Jayasuriya August 17, 2014

Hi All,

I have a small question on jira plugins that you install in the dashboards. I have a requirement to get the number of issues that are coming in to a certain user per week and also to show that data in a graph so that the past data would also be shown.

I have the query ready with me but I can't seem to find the appropriate plugin to show this correctly. Can you let me know if there are any free plugins that can do the trick?

3 answers

1 vote
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014

I would try to use
Time Since Chart

and
Date Field: Resolved (or another field like Created, Updated, ...)
Period: Weekly
Days Previously: 360 (maximum for weekly period is 1750 days previously)
Cumulative Totals: No

That will check the issues Resolved in a time range and assigned to a specific user. This is not really what you are looking for, but it might help.

Dunila Jayasuriya August 18, 2014

Jose : This might actually help up to a certain extent. Do you know from where I can get this perticular chart to my dashboard ? I am using "JIRA v6.0.6" and I checked again in my available gadget list but failed to find it.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2014
Dunila, I would recommend to install
JIRA Charting Plugin from Atlassian - supported and free.

Administration / Add-ons
Find new add-ons / Atlassian Marketplace for JIRA
JIRA Charting Plugin
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 19, 2014

Does it work for you now by using the JIRA Charting Plugin?

Dunila Jayasuriya August 20, 2014

Thanks a lot Jose, we are working on getting the plugin but it might actually take a little while. I'll let you know how it goes as soon as we get this done.

Dunila Jayasuriya August 25, 2014

Hi Jose,

I installed the JIRA Charting plugin but it doesn't have the time since chart in it.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2014
Dunila Jayasuriya August 25, 2014

Nope i can't find this perticular gadget anywhere, even after i added the plugin.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2014

Sorry for that, but are there any other Time Charts in you Re-Indexed system? See also: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCHART/JIRA%20Charting%20Plugin, so the Jira Charting Plugin is not a new one.

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2014

Acc. to the jira documentation for Jira 6.0 it should work, see: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA060/Displaying+Search+Results+as+a+Chart

If not, maybe you should open a Jira Support Ticket in order to find out, if there is problem with your system.

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 7, 2014

Can't you use the Time Since in the Report-section of the Adminstration of your Project? That displays a graph and a table...

0 votes
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2014

1. If you are looking especially for gadget - try https://eazybi.com/help/jira

2. for big set of variants of usage- try https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/

Alexey : Thanks a lot for your response, do you have any idea if we can do this within jira itself becuase there are quite a lot of complications if we use eazybi

Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2014

I am afraid there is no easy way from the box according to your request. The other option is development itself (jira has a set of tutorials on how to develop a gadget - it is not so hard as it seems to be - see https://developer.atlassian.com/display/GADGETS/Gadget+Developer+Documentation)

Well yes, we explored that option but the process of getting this done and integration and testing would take a long period of time. We are actually keeping developing as a last resort..

Suggest an answer