Corporate Filter is blocking invites to new users from Cloud Jira - is there a config solution

Iain MacGranthin July 13, 2017

Hi,

I have problems with corporate users being blocked from receiving invites to join cloud jira. This happens with atlassian hosted jira, and with otherwise cloud hosted jira.

I can apply to have the jira email address permitted on out corporate server, but I can't do that for invites to users from other companies (of course), and I don't want to be exposed to a change in filter policy in any event.

Is there a configurable option within the jira software itself, so the invite can be sent via a configurable smtp, or routed to the admin, (maybe cc the invitee or vice versa) who can set up a rule in their inbox?

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2017

Hi Iain,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to configure the instance to send invites via another SMTP server or routed to the administrator. To resolve this, you will need to request that your mail server admins whitelist the emails that are coming from the server so your users are able to accept their invitation and password reset emails.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer