Copying sub-task custom field value to parent?

Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2015

Okay I have the workflow extensions plugin. I have 4 different sub-task issue types, they each have their own screen scheme and workflow. I have a unique field in each issue type. 

LOE-1 (Issue type 1)

LOE-2 (Issue type 2)

LOE-3 (Issue type 3)

LOE-4 (Issue type 4)

I auto create the sub-tasks with the create on transition add-on. They get auto assigned to users based on a user picker. It's an Open->Closed workflow and on close I am trying to copy the value in those fields back to the parent issue. Only one of the values gets copied. The sub-task workflow transitions the parent one step further in the parents workflow but it is not a closed status. 

Copy the value(s) of a field to the issue's parent

This post function has a field picker so I can't try it with the custom field value. Any thoughts?

JIRA 6.4.7

RedHat 6.4

Java 1.8.0_40

Thanks

Andrew

3 answers

0 votes
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2015

Try Workflow PowerBox from marketplace. It has feature "Copy field value to related issues". It's paid plugin, but If the function works it means that JMWE has some bug, otherwise most probably you do some mistake.

0 votes
Andrew Morin
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2015

I can pick the fields in the field picker. They just don't copy the value to the parent.

0 votes
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2015

I think I don't understand your issue. Why you can't use this field picker (it contains custom fields as well). Can you describe your issue by example, i.e. "I go to subtask type 1 and want field LOE-1 to be copied to its parent, but ......"?

Suggest an answer