Copying multiple issues into one

Brooke Anglin January 26, 2017

Is it possible to copy multiple issues into one automatically? Possibly on a schedule

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2017

I think you'll need to expand on the question a little.  What would a "copy" actually do?  If you're expecting the source issues to go away, is this actually a merge?  If it is not, I'm not sure what you expect from the copy.  If it is a merge, then I can imagine logical paths for the history and comments, but what do you do with fields that conflict?

Brooke Anglin January 26, 2017

Currently we have two projects, one is for all of our issues and the other is for our managers. What we need is for certain data from multiple issues in our issue project to copy into one ticket in the managers project automatically. This will allow us to hold our managers accountable for what their teams are doing and better provide communication among the four shifts. We would like a ticket so we will be able to look back at previous shifts.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2017

Ok, you'll need to find or write code to do this.  It sounds like it needs a "service" so it can run at specific times, and you'll need to think through how to identify what you want to merge and what data is copied and/or deleted.

Suggest an answer