Copying filters and dashboards

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2014

Hi All

I have a few filters and dashboards that I would like to copy over from my test to production. Rest of the configuration is same in both instances.

When I look at "Shared Filters" and "Shared Dashboards" under Administration->User Management I just see "Name" , "Owner" , "Shared with" and "Popularity"  (with options "Change Owner" and "Delete Filter" )

To copy over Manually:

• How do I actually know content of dashboard so that I can copy?
  • How do I know content of filter to copy?

Are the filters and dashboards listed here, or only shared ones are visible here? Where do I look if dashboards and filters that are not shared?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Abe

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2014

Even as JIRA Administrator, in the administration section you can only see the shared dashboards and filters. As admin you can only take the ownership of shared dashboards and filters.

Hint:
You can check the filters used by adding the dashboard to your favourite dashboards. Check the gadgets, if they are refering filters. If the content of some gadgets is not shown, the filters are not shared.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2014

Thanks just one part of question that I am not clear,

How do I know list of all Dashboards and Filters in the system, not just the shared ones which I see in Admin -> Users -> Shared Filters (Dashboards)

Or is it the entire list?

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2014

Not possible at the moment,private means private.

0 votes
AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2014

Thanks

Are you saying, Change owner of the dashboard/filter to yourself, add dashboard and find find filter for it through the dashboard shown.

Works for me.

From other posts I see we cannot export and import filters and dashboards, or is there a way?

Thanks

Abe

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2014

Since the dashboard must be shared, you can search for it without using the admin section. Then you can check the content and if all filters are shared.

Suggest an answer