Copying comment value to customfield description (Scriptrunner or HTML)

Hi All, 

Im having abit of trouble copy comment values of an issue into a description field, the purpose is that i would like for the value to appear as read only. 

The read only customfield appear to only hold 250 also max character which i have alot more of so im stuck with the 2 option of: 

1) Find a way to extend the 250+ character max value for the read only customfield; or

2) copy the value to the field description (Which i prefer)

the current code i have is which currently pulls the last comment value from a sepcific user: 

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue 
import com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.UpdateIssueRequest

CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()
MutableIssue issue = ComponentAccessor.getIssueManager().getIssueObject('TEST-429')
def userKey = ""
def commentManager = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager()
def comments = commentManager.getComments(issue)
def lastCommentFromUser = comments?.findAll {it.authorApplicationUser.key == userKey}
def emailThread = lastCommentFromUser.last().body

def setVal = issue.setCustomFieldValue(customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(10806), emailThread)
            , issue
            , UpdateIssueRequest.builder().eventDispatchOption(EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_UPDATED).sendMail(false).build()

return emailThread

Any help is much appreciated. 

1 answer

There is a  custom field type "Unlimited text". Try to use this one.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

391 views 6 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot