Copy value from cascading list to a single select list

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2015

I'm looking to copy the data of the first dropdown from the cascading dropdown list to another single select list field automatically. Is this possible? I have the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin installed as outlined here - when I use the "Copy Value From Other Field" post function after creating an issue, the value from the second dropdown populates the single select field.

Here's our use case:

• We have two fields.
    • "Module" - single select field
    • "Module / Subprocess" - cascading select list (first dropdown is Module, second is Subprocess)
  • The cascading list is used for one issue type only - "subprocess" is dependent on the module, so this is the only way we can configure a list of options to appear based on which "module" was configured.
  • I want the first dropdown's value only to be copied to the single select field.

Is this possible? Thanks for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2015

Yes. It is possible .

Two methods are there.

•  your own post function to copy filed A (Cascade first option ) to field B(single select). In this post function you can add configuration saying which value should get copied (from first drop / second drop down)
  • Using java script you can copy filed A (Cascade first option ) to field B(single select)
1 vote
Jenny Bellas March 2, 2015

Hi Sreenivas - can you please help with what the javascript should look like. thanks!

Suggest an answer