Copy value from cascading list to a single select list

Alex Christensen Community Champion Feb 11, 2015

I'm looking to copy the data of the first dropdown from the cascading dropdown list to another single select list field automatically. Is this possible? I have the JIRA Suite Utilities plugin installed as outlined here - when I use the "Copy Value From Other Field" post function after creating an issue, the value from the second dropdown populates the single select field.

Here's our use case:

• We have two fields.
    • "Module" - single select field
    • "Module / Subprocess" - cascading select list (first dropdown is Module, second is Subprocess)
  • The cascading list is used for one issue type only - "subprocess" is dependent on the module, so this is the only way we can configure a list of options to appear based on which "module" was configured.
  • I want the first dropdown's value only to be copied to the single select field.

Is this possible? Thanks for your help.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

Yes. It is possible .

Two methods are there.

•  your own post function to copy filed A (Cascade first option ) to field B(single select). In this post function you can add configuration saying which value should get copied (from first drop / second drop down)
  • Using java script you can copy filed A (Cascade first option ) to field B(single select)

Hi Sreenivas - can you please help with what the javascript should look like. thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,734 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you