Copy scripted field in create post function

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2014

Hi there,

I want to copy a scripted field to a normal field during the post-function of the create step.

But it seems, that the scripted field is always null, even when I place the copy action as the last post function after the event?

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Thomas

3 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2014

That's odd... it only gives me a non-null value when I use the following way of getting a custom field value. No idea why:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue

def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager()

MutableIssue issue = issue

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("My Scripted Field")
issue.description = cf.getValue(issue)

And I have to have that script as the first post-function. It's pretty simple to copy a custom field, you may need to write a short script for it.

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2014

It s the Misc Workflow Extentions, but I ll take any other you suggest :)

Or is there somewhere a script runner snippet for doing that?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2014

What (plugin or script) are you using to copy the field?

Suggest an answer