Copy multi-group picker value to X-Header

NOC Admin July 17, 2013

Hi,

I am trying to manipulate MailingListCompiler.java to export some issue's properties as X-Headers in the e-mail's subject to facilitate filtering in the mailing clients.

I have a custom field of multi-group picker type that I would like to export it. Therefore, I am using the following lines of code:

CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getCustomFieldManager();
CustomField customField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("Group Name");
Object customFieldValue = issue.getCustomFieldValue( customField );

And here starts my problem. I am trying to copy the "customFieldValue" object's value to a StringBuffer and immediately after include it in the e-mail's subject field but I get a value like [com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.impl.ImmutableGroup@xxxxx].

I believe my problem is that I cannot handle properly the customFieldValue as Group object.

Any hints?

y.

1 answer

0 votes
NOC Admin July 18, 2013

reading the API documentation (https://docs.atlassian.com/software/jira/docs/api/5.2.11/com/atlassian/jira/issue/Issue.html#getCustomFieldValue%28com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField%29), I notice that method getCustomField returns:

"A custom field's value. Will be a List, User, Timestamp etc, depending on custom field type.".

So my question may be a little bit more targeted, what will be the return value for a "multi group picker"? Is it going to be a "Group" type? Something else?

Suggest an answer