Copy filters between JIRA instances

Gerd Caers November 13, 2013

we are currently merging two JIRA instances on 1 instance for several reasons.
I still have 1 issue: Is there a way to copy the existing (personal) filters of all users between the JIRA instances?
The users of both instances are identical.

Has anybody an idea of how I can avoid to copy 1200 filters manually?

Thank you!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gerd Caers November 19, 2013

Hi all,

thanks for the response.

I considered inserting them directly in the database, but found it too tricky.

Besides that, this is an opportunity for the users to clean up their filters ;-)

So, we are manually moving them. By making an export of all existing filters, I could provide all users an nice overview of their saved filters, which made it a little bit easier.

Kind regards

0 votes
StevenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

Hi Gerd,

When I created a new filter, the below two SQL are executed

INSERT INTO public.searchrequest (ID, filtername, authorname, DESCRIPTION, username, groupname, projectid, reqcontent, FAV_COUNT, filtername_lower) VALUES ('10200', 'My Test Filter', 'sysadmin', 'null', 'sysadmin', 'null', 'null', 'project = SAC', '0', 'my test filter')

INSERT INTO public.favouriteassociations (ID, USERNAME, entitytype, entityid, SEQUENCE) VALUES ('10200', 'sysadmin', 'SearchRequest', '10200', '0')

So my suggestions is you just need to copy all data on public.searchrequest and public.favouriteassociations tables from your old JIRA database to your new JIRA database.

Best Regards,

Steven

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2013

If you do this, make sure the IDs are changed appropriately and, more importantly, change the seqId in sequence_value_item table for the affected entities.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2013

There is no easy way to do it. You can explore copying the filter details via database tools/queries but I haven't tried it before myself.

Suggest an answer