Copy custom field value from text field to number field

Rose Cruz December 16, 2016

Using ScriptRunner "Copy custom field values" function, I'm trying to copy values from a text field to a number field. I've confirmed that all issues in my filter results have a numeric value in the text field, but the script does not modify any issues. Will this ever be supported?

2 answers

2 votes
April December 16, 2016

If I remember right, you have to cast as double. Did you try that?

Er, I should add that while I don't think this is directly supported in Scriptrunner, I've gotten around this before by making a scripted field that gets the value from the text field as a number (return (something) as Double), and then you can use the built in function to copy over the data.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2016

Seems like a good thing to try...

Probably text to number is not supported, but as April said you can create a (Number) script field which gets the text value, and then use the built-in script to copy from the script field to the number field.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2016

Here is code for script postfunction provided by ScriptRunner plugin

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.MutableIssue

import java.text.DecimalFormat

CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
DecimalFormat decimalFormat = new DecimalFormat();

issue.setCustomFieldValue(
        customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("number field name")
        , decimalFormat.parse ( (String) issue.getCustomFieldValue(customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("text field name"))).doubleValue()
)

Suggest an answer