Copy custom field (cascading) value to another custom field (cascading)

e January 8, 2014

I have a custom field (type: Select List (cascading)).

I have another custom field (type: Select List (cascading)). This one won't be on any screen.

I want to copy the value from the first field to the second field(which is hidden, actually) when I create an Issue.

How do I do that? I guess it's going to be a post-function.

Thanks.

3 answers

0 votes
e January 9, 2014

It's been figured out that in order to use 'Copy Value From Other Field', the destination field has got to have the same options as the source field.
Now looking for an optimal way to copy a casading field with all its values.

0 votes
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014

Hi

I believe this post function is not working because the field is hidden, you can put it back to show and don't associete it to any screen and consult it through the JQL search.

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Carracedo.

0 votes
Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2014
e January 8, 2014

Thanks!

Any caveats?

When I use a post-function "Copy Value From Other Field" and create an issue, I get this:

Error creating issue: Unable to copy value from field 'First' to 'Second'.

First - select list(cascading), is on the screen.

Second - select list(cascading) is not present on any screen.

Please, help.

Thanks beforehand.

Pierre Cattin
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2014

I use that post -function for a field that is present on view screen so I don't get that error.

Try to tag your question : addon-com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities.

Suggest an answer