Copy a post function to some other transition in Jira Service Desk

Ankita Sharma April 5, 2016

Is it possible to copy a post function from a transition to some other transition in Jira Service Desk? How?

2 answers

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2018

Well, we have created an app for that :-) And I see a reason for such a feature. When deling with complex post-functions and complex workflows this can be very time-consuming.

With xTools for Jira you can copy&paste post functions from anywhere to anywhere. Not only Service Desk workflows.

Cheers,

Christian

Veve June 8, 2018

Hi Christian,

Your apps are really cool, but as far as I see they are not available for JIRA Cloud, are there any plans for extending them? Especially the Admin ones...

Best,

Veronika

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2018

Hi Veronika,

we'd love to but we would need a REST API provided by Atlassian. So currently we don't have a short-term plan for this.

Cheers,

Christian

Veve June 11, 2018

Understood :-(

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2016

I don't see how this pertains particularly to Service Desk, since post-functions are attached to workflow transitions. But no, there are no native shortcuts to re-use post-functions in other transitions. Not in the API either. I could have used that once or twice.

There are precious few plugins out there that would help. This one seems to have a simplified form to configure workflows, but it's not free, and doesn't seem to allow a straight up copy of an existing post-function.

My gut feeling is that there are no plugins that do that, for a good reason: The return on investment would be terrible. You don't need to configure post-functions that often, and saving a few minutes once in a while is not a good enough return to justify the price tag such a plugin would warrant. It's not worth the price for users, and not worth the time for plugin developers.

Also: If you were thinking of doing that in SQL, please don't. 

Suggest an answer