Copy Value post-function not firing reliably

Steffen Neumann April 13, 2021

I have a copy value post-function in my workflow that copies the time stamp from the updated field to a dedicated custom field. It works in >90% of the cases but sometimes the field is not properly populated, which creates issues for reporting. So far, I wasn't able to identify a clear pattern when it fails, but according to user reports it mostly happens when new users from a separate in-house team are transitioning tickets.

The order of the post-functions is as follows:

- Update change history
- Re-index issue
- Fire a generic event
- Copy value

I have a suspicion that perhaps the event is not always firing as it should but I don't know how to verify or fix this.

I am on Jira Server 8.14.1

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

It's not the event, I suspect you'll find it's the copy value function that is failing.

It probably should be above all the other functions on that list.

Steffen Neumann April 13, 2021

Thanks but when I had the copy value post-function at the beginning, it did not work at all. Since I moved it below the update event, it works most of the times but not reliably.

I am under the impression that the updated field, from which the copy value post-function takes the value, is populated by the timestamp of the update issue event.

Suggest an answer