Copy Stories in JIRA

mark mcintosh November 25, 2013

In JIRA, is there any way i can copy multiple stories , as i have a number of stiories to write that are very similar but for a different project?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

Hi Mark

You can clone the tickets as mentioned and bulk move then all at once to the other project. Check this documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+('Bulk')+Issues

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Carracedo.

mark mcintosh November 27, 2013

Thanks Ricardo, this functionality is great i have used it for naother purpose before , e.g. moving a list of stories to test.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

Not in a single operation. You can clone the ticket and move the clones. It will atleast help you with all the data entering!

mark mcintosh November 27, 2013

Thanks Jobin, How do you clone a ticket, i have used create a new message which copies certain information across into the newly created ticket. Is that what you mean?

Suggest an answer