Copy Service Desk

Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2014

Is there any way to copy a servoce desk (much like copy project) so we do not have to reconfigure for every project?

We have JIRA projects set up based on customers. The Service Desk we would put infront of each of these projects would have the same configuration - issue types, fields, SLA's, etc. Some of the configurations (SLA's) can be very time consuming to configure. Being able to copy the Service Desk would be a big win.

2 answers

1 vote
Magalie V. October 12, 2014

Hello all,
I have exactly the same request !
I just would like to copy my SLA setup for my projects.

Best regards,

0 votes
waynewong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2014

Hi there,

You can back up the JIRA, install service desk in the new JIRA instance and add the backup. That is the only way of copying the configuration.

Hope that helps

Regards,

Wayne Wong

Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2014

Thanks Wayne, but I am not looking to install it in a different instance. I want to copy it within the same instance. I am looking for a way to duplicate the same Service Desk configuration across many projects. This way I do not have to reconfigure the Issue Types, Screen fields, SLA's, and Queues everytime. For most of my projects, this configuration will be the same.

Jean Masters February 12, 2015

I would like to do what JT is describing.

Marty Heyman February 13, 2015

Wayne, we are setting up 70 Service Desks in our in-house Jira Install. It is barbaric that we can not reuse the SLAs, the Calendars, or the Customer Portal definitons, each of which has to be re-entered by hand! These are data structures in the database somewhere. We need some help, PLEASE!

Like # people like this
Jeremy Norland February 27, 2015

Agree This is a nightmare to try manage without being able to clone/copy a service desk configuration. I was able to use Script Runners built in script "copy project" to copy the underlying Jira Project which provided issue types and workflows. I then had to create a new service desk and use this as the project, but this did not take any of the Service Desk front end specific configuration such as field display customization.

Like Vlad Kutepov likes this
VIUS LLC April 29, 2015

I am just setting up Jira and Service Desk for the first time here, and have run into this issue. It would be incredibly useful to be able to duplicate these service desk configurations so we can quickly create a new service desk for each client.

Suggest an answer