Copy Jira Custom Field "Team" to Another Custom Filed Using JWT Calculated Text Field

Robert W_ Olsen June 21, 2021

A customer wishes to copy the Jira default Custom Field "Team" to another Custom Field.  I figured this would be easy and use Calculated Test Filed (by JWT).  I entered the following for the calculation::

"Team is %{10202}" where 10202 is the "Team" field

Well this gives me back an integer index versus the actual string Team field. 

So instead of seeing "Team is Test Team", I am seeing "Team is 624"

Is there a way to take this index and convert it to the right Team string?  I assume its stored in array?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sergio del Pino [xApps] June 22, 2021

Hi @Robert W_ Olsen

Unfortunately we don't offer that type of support for that field. However, in our next release, which is coming pretty soon, we are adding support to the Advanced Roadmaps' fields and you will be able to easily copy it!

In the meantime, if the count of teams is not too big, you can use as a workaround our function getMatchingValue() to copy it just like this:

getMatchingValue(%{10202}, ["1", "2"], ["NameTeam1", "NameTeam2"])

In the second parameter you should write all of your Team's IDs, and then in the third parameter you should write all of their names in the same order, so the function will read the Team's value and it will return its name.

Cheers,

Sergio.

Robert W_ Olsen June 22, 2021

Thank you Sergio, I will let the customer know and see if they can give me the list of Team names so we can proceed with your recommendation.  Appreciate the time!

Like Max Foerster - K15t likes this
Gregory Kremer September 19, 2022

Hey Sergio,

It's been over a year since you mentioned new release, which should supposedly ease the use of the "Team" field. Had it ever happened? Thank you.

Like Robert W_ Olsen likes this

Suggest an answer