Copy Custom Fields remotely using script runner.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2014

hi,

Is it possible to copy custom field from another JIRA instance in the same network ?

Regards

Tarun

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2014

JIRA Command Line Interface can be used get values from one instance and then populate the other. Useful when you are writting custom integrations between systems including JIRA to JIRA.

0 votes
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2014

For doing something like this you have to use the JIRA REST interface of the other instance on one of the instances to get the values from the other instance.

tsapra January 20, 2014

Hi Henning, Yes i have used REST API for such kind of work, i was looking for a more of "built-in" alternative...but anyways i guess would have to write some scripts :)

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2014

Hi Henning, Yes i have used REST API for such kind of work, i was looking for a more of "built-in" alternative...but anyways i guess would have to write some scripts :)

Suggest an answer