Copy Component from Parent to Subtask WITHOUT AddOns

Andreas Schierz October 20, 2016

Dear Community,

i spent quite a lot of time with Google to find out a solution for my resquest, without result.

I´d like to copy the value(s) of the "Components" Field in the ParentIssue to a Sub-Task when it´s created (not as WF-Postfunction, i wanna see it during creation).

What would you suggest? Could i do that by Scripting in the Description of the Componentsfield?

thx in advance for your help!

bg

Andy

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2016

You can't do it without a plugin/add-ons, it's a open request in JIRA 's JIRA - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5225

With add-ons like Script Runner it's piece of cake and via WF post-functions which you don't intend on using.

Andreas Schierz October 21, 2016

Thats bad.

Thank you for your fast reply.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2016

Could you please accept/upvote the answer. thanks.

Santiago December 2, 2016

@Tarun Sapra, what is the method with script runner?

Im trying to use the postfunction "Copy Value From Other Field", select Component from source field and Component in destination field

and then mark that i source field is from parent

it works with any field except component

Suggest an answer