Converting Multiple JIRA Projects into a new Greenhopper Kanban Workflow

Harry Kozlovsky February 13, 2013

I created a Kanban Workflow with a Test project. The Kanban workflow is correct and operates as I desire. Is there a way to simply take my exisiting 6-8 classic JIRA projects and have them convert inside the new Kanban workflow. I realize the mapping will change in my JIRA projects and it may not match up perfectly but I would manually update those statuses. Is there a way to convert my JIRA projects one by one to my new Kanban workflow?

I see I bring projects into the Kanban workflow by associating a filter that lists each project. Must I manually change my projects workflow to match the new Kanban Board's workflow? Will my JIRA project's workflow change based on the Kanban workflow?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Harry Kozlovsky February 20, 2013

Any feedback?

Thank you

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2013

I didn't completely get your question. If you need to change the workflow for your project, define a new workflow scheme using the new workflow and simple associate that scheme with the projects.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Activating+Workflow

Harry Kozlovsky February 18, 2013

I have 5 already created JIRA projects that have X workflow. I created a test Kanban Board layout with a test project that is far more simplified then those 5 exisiting projects. I want to make a copy of the new Kanban board and filter the 5 projects to it.

Are you saying to work, I will need to modify the layout of the existing 5 JIRA projects to exactly match those of the new Kanban Board?

Suggest an answer