Converting Multiple JIRA Projects into a new Greenhopper Kanban Workflow

I created a Kanban Workflow with a Test project. The Kanban workflow is correct and operates as I desire. Is there a way to simply take my exisiting 6-8 classic JIRA projects and have them convert inside the new Kanban workflow. I realize the mapping will change in my JIRA projects and it may not match up perfectly but I would manually update those statuses. Is there a way to convert my JIRA projects one by one to my new Kanban workflow?

I see I bring projects into the Kanban workflow by associating a filter that lists each project. Must I manually change my projects workflow to match the new Kanban Board's workflow? Will my JIRA project's workflow change based on the Kanban workflow?

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai Community Champion Feb 16, 2013

I didn't completely get your question. If you need to change the workflow for your project, define a new workflow scheme using the new workflow and simple associate that scheme with the projects.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Activating+Workflow

I have 5 already created JIRA projects that have X workflow. I created a test Kanban Board layout with a test project that is far more simplified then those 5 exisiting projects. I want to make a copy of the new Kanban board and filter the 5 projects to it.

Are you saying to work, I will need to modify the layout of the existing 5 JIRA projects to exactly match those of the new Kanban Board?

Any feedback?

Thank you

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,096 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot