Convert or copy Zephyr test type to a new issue type of bug with the step and expected result

Mike Kirby December 13, 2012

I am a QA Manager and my company just purchased Zephyr for JIRA. What we would like to do is to take the test issue type, which has the step and expected result after issue creation, and create a new bug type with the same features where the reporter of an issue must enter the step and expected result. Thus, getting the initial steps to reproduce issues and a test case in one step. I have complete access, and tried to add the Zephyr test step to a new bug type but they never appeared. Wanted to see if there is something I am missing. I was able to add text boxes, and other field types. So I know that the steps were correct..

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

Hi Mike,

Support team at Zephyr here. I know we've constructed Zephyr to have specific performance based on an issue type of Test. So there is a lot of coding we've done for a "Test" which doesn't get inherrited for a "Bug," and you'd need that to make your scenario work.

I think though I see the goal you are working toward but think I'll take a different approach via an enhancement request on our side.

Let me know if this workflow would help you out:

When executing a testcase, we would have a "copy to clipboard" button which would grab all the replication data fields, including steps/notes/results, and then you can paste it into the description field of the defect.

Please let us know what fields you would you need to get "coppied to the clipboard" to make this fit.

Kind Regards,
Chris

Suggest an answer