Controlling the flow of tasks in an Agile board

I have set up 8 buckets in my Agile board (Ready for Development, In Progress, Blocked, Ready for QA, Failed QA, Ready for Deployment, Deployed, Verified Deployed)... I want to be able to chain it so, for example:

• A task that's currently in Ready for QA can only be moved to Failed QA or Ready for Deployment (and reassigned back to the developer if possible).
  • A task that is currently in Ready for Deployment can only be moved to Deployed (and reassigned back to the QA resource)

I can't seem to find anything that shows how to control this flow. Any help is appreciated!

Mat

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

A board is a view of a set of issues.  The issues actually live in the core of JIRA, not on the Agile boards, and they follow the workflow defined in JIRA for them.

It could be that your workflow is "simplified", which means the workflow follows the columns, but if you switch to another workflow that only has the transitions you need, the board will automatically follow that workflow.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

124 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you