Controlling the flow of tasks in an Agile board

Mat Gargano June 18, 2015

I have set up 8 buckets in my Agile board (Ready for Development, In Progress, Blocked, Ready for QA, Failed QA, Ready for Deployment, Deployed, Verified Deployed)... I want to be able to chain it so, for example:

• A task that's currently in Ready for QA can only be moved to Failed QA or Ready for Deployment (and reassigned back to the developer if possible).
  • A task that is currently in Ready for Deployment can only be moved to Deployed (and reassigned back to the QA resource)

I can't seem to find anything that shows how to control this flow. Any help is appreciated!

Mat

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2015

A board is a view of a set of issues.  The issues actually live in the core of JIRA, not on the Agile boards, and they follow the workflow defined in JIRA for them.

It could be that your workflow is "simplified", which means the workflow follows the columns, but if you switch to another workflow that only has the transitions you need, the board will automatically follow that workflow.  See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow

Suggest an answer