Controlling the column width in bulk issue edit.

Russell Stanford January 4, 2018

When I have an Issue that has many sub-tasks, sometimes I use the bulk edit tool to edit a lot of the issues. 

When we click on bulk edit issue to choose the issues, we cannot see the whole summary. Is there a way to control the column width so I can see what I am editing?

As you can see from the image, it cuts off the summary. In the process of figuring this out, I did discover the columns remember the last search that was made using the "Search issues" tool. Whatever columns I would add or subtract using the search tool would automatically remove/add the columns in the bulk operations list. 

Thanks

2018-01-04_10-44-33.png

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 8, 2018

Hi Russell,

At the moment there is no means to adjust the column size within the bulk editor of Jira.   However as you have noted that you can control what columns appear in this view, if you change the displayed columns in the issue navigator (search results).

When you load the bulk editor in Jira, it is directly taking the issues that appeared from the most recent search result run from that browser session.   So one way to try to address this might be in regards to trying to narrow down your search results before entering in the bulk editor.

Sorry this probably is not the answer you are looking for here.

In my most recent search I was not able to locate any existing feature request for this specific functionality on our bug/feature tracker for Jira. If you like, you could also create a Suggestion type issue (aka feature request) for this over on the https://jira.atlassian.com/issues/ tracker.

Depending on whether you're using Jira Cloud (JRACLOUD) or Jira Server (JRASERVER) would determine which project this suggestion should exist in.  

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer