Controlling access to project summary reports

Deleted user October 23, 2013

If I have a permissions scheme that provides the Browse Projects privilege, how can I prevent a role or user that has that privilege from generating summary reports of issue status etc from the project Summary page ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

You can't. Not without modifying the JIRA source. Anyone with browse access can generate reports and search for those issues.

Deleted user October 23, 2013

Thanks for that. I presume that I am correct in my understanding that a user can't create or edit issues in a project unless he has Browse Projects privilege for the project ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2013

Actually, it is possible to set it up so that people can create issues without then being able to see them. As this is immensely annoying and confusing for the users and causes a support call for almost every single issue creation, I simply don't do it. I suspect it's the same for edit, although I don't think I've ever seen that tried.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events