Control the list of users that appear when using @ to start autocomplete

Michael Friscia July 28, 2017

Is there a setting to control the list of users that appear in the auto-complete list when typing @. Our list is way too long and most users are not relevant. We would like this list to be built based on a group or some sort of filter.

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2017

Hi Michael,

The list contains just users who have permission to view the issue where the @mention is being included.

So, the list of suggested users can be limited by removing the Browse Projects permission from those users who are not involved in that project.

Regards.

Michael Friscia July 29, 2017

I'm not sure this is true. So we have the Service Desk which creates new users for anyone reporting an issue. All of these users are also appearing in the @ suggestion list which is really the core problem. I think it would only show Jira users. If we only saw the 2 pages of Jira users, I'd be fine. But having all the auto-generated users appear is really horrible. 

None of the auto generated accounts have any permission that I can tell. Is there a way to remove them from the suggestion list? 

Suggest an answer