Control on Jira issues before merging a pull request in BitBucket

Gianni Pucciani September 8, 2017

Hello,

Is it possible to put a control on Jira issues (status) before allowing a merge on a pull request in BitBucket?

Thank you in advance for your help!

2 answers

0 votes
mustafa.ak November 11, 2020

@Aron Gombas _Midori_ hi,

This is exactly what I'm waiting for.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2020

With Commit Policy app you can verify the commits in the pull request against a policy. The policy can include a condition that checks if the mentioned issue is in the "Done" status.

This screenshot shows the result of a policy check where each commit needs to mention an issue, which is not your case, but the user experience would be like this:

rejected-pull-request.png

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2017

What exactly are you trying to do?

Do you want to check the status of each issue referenced via the commit message of the commit that are to be merged with the pull request? Like "only allow merging if all issues are in DONE status"?

Gianni Pucciani September 11, 2017

It is a bit different. We have a model in which the branch is created on the parent issue. Then via SubTasks we contribute to this branch, Once the work on the parent branch is complete, we create a pull request. But I'd like to make sure that all SubTasks are Closed before accepting the pull request.

Srilatha Kolla September 17, 2017

Hi Aron,

I am looking for some thing similar to what you said. I want to check the status on each of the JIRA issue that is part of a pull request. Currently I click on each JIRA issue to go to that issue and check the status. is there a config setting to display the status of that JIRA issue along with the ID?

Thanks

Sri

Suggest an answer