Control of user attributed to making automated change to ticket

Ian Massey August 6, 2018

When a customer emails a response to a ticket and it moves from 'Waiting for Customer' to 'Waiting for Support' or a linked ticket is marked as 'Done' and therefore the original is marked as resolved it appears a default user is attributed to marking that change.  An email is generated and sent 'on behalf' of that default user.

I am sure if is obvious who this user is and how it is set however I am not seeing how it is.

At the moment the this default user does not appear to be the project lead.

How do I ensure that the 'default' user is not a given individual but a generic role?

2 answers

0 votes
Ian Massey August 7, 2018

What I am going to try to use is a user configured as a role with a group email address so that it then appears that role did the changes, such as moved a ticket when a customer replies or marks as 'Done' etc

Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2018

That's actually a good idea. I'm going to suggest we do that as well to limit confusion.

Ian Massey August 9, 2018

Appears to be working for us at the moment

0 votes
Raynard Rhodes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2018

I do not believe you can have actions run as a group. I'm currently having that issue where it confuses people with automations running.

Suggest an answer