• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Control chart mixing historic and current data due to bulk change - ideas for what to do? Edited

I regularly look at the control chart to see how our cycle times for reacting to and fixing problems are changing.

When I was looking at our recent data, I saw lots of issues placed on the chart which had been resolved years ago if you look at the resolutiondate, but which were recently updated due to a bulk change.

This bulk change was intended to change the priority, but seems to have updated the status  (without changing it?) if we look at the history:

bug history.png

As you can see, the resolution date on the issue is still as it was:

resolution date.png

And yet it appears in the red circle on the control chart, along with many other issues, making the control chart much less useful as historic and current data are all mixed up.

Control chart column.png

I guess the control chart places issues on the x-axis according to when the issue transitioned to the relevant status/column on the board and not resolutiondate, which obviously makes sense, otherwise you could not see process times for steps happening before resolution. However, this is now an annoying situation - is there anything I can do to correct it or do we need to suck it up? :)

1 answer

Hi @Paul Isaacs  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

How about this work-around: Create a quick filter for the board which checks for resolution data after some reasonable time-frame. 

resolutiondate > -100d

When you run the report, select that filter to exclude the older stuff.

Update: I just re-read your question and indeed if the status has changed, I think you are stuck with the later dates. 

What you can do depends upon your status workflow...If you have a status close to done, but which is not done (e.g. Releasing) you could change your measurement boundary to that point.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you