Contributors as Approvers?

Ankit Patel December 28, 2017

I am implementing Service Desk for internal processes and would like to know if I can have the JIRA Licences who are "Contributors" in the JSD project to approve/disapprove of any requests.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2017

Ankit,

Approvers can be standard customer users, they do not require license, so yes, you can give portal access to this users and allow them to approve tickets without consuming any more licenses.

Ankit Patel December 28, 2017

Thanks Gaston! 

I was confused how would this work. but it seems I would have to add them as customers as well ?

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2017

Ankit,

Yes, here is how it works:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/setting-up-approvals-816880004.html

You choose which user needs to approve the request or you can just specify a predefined approved list or let the customer choose.

Then, the approval appears at the customer portal in the issue for the approvers to confirm

Suggest an answer