Continuos Integration Infrastructure & Agile Options

Pawel Okroy October 22, 2014

Hi,

I want to start using Atassian Software to build a continuos integration system. I don't really know what's best option to distribute Bamboo, JIRA, Confluente, Stash, GIT and Bamboo in my servers. I want to use JIRA Service Desktop to give support to my clients too. At this point, I have some questions:

1.- Distribution, my idea is: 

• Server 1: GIT + Stash
  • Server 2: Confluence
  • Server 3: Bamboo
  • Server 4: JIRA + JIRA Service Desktop

Is it correct?

2.- What the right location to every server. I would like to locate every server in my intranet, without access from Internet, but I think that clients need to connect to JIRA Service Desktop. I dont want to have a server in my intranet with access from Internet, so in this point I dont know how other people solve this situation: give access to Desktop but not o Intranet or to other servers.... I was thinking to locate JIRA Server outside, but I think that JIRA have to see Confluence, Stash and Bamboo, is it?

Any ideas to build this architecture?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2014

Hi Héctor,

You should probably also use Crowd for SSO and User Management across your different applications.

Your server distribution is a good idea, you could put Crowd on a separate server, but that's not really necessary (it could also share a server with Stash for example).

If your clients don't have access to your intranet and you want them to use JIRA Service Desk then you'll need to make your JIRA instance available from outside your intranet. With the proper firewall configuration you should still be able to put everything else in your intranet and connect your Atlassian applications together.

If you need a lot of help with this I would recommend you to search for an Atlassian Expert who can help you set this up : https://www.atlassian.com/resources/experts

I work for such an expert (RealDolmen) and we provide this kind of services, just like several other experts.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer