Contains Text Field - Some issues keys appearing in the search

jenny.hollis August 12, 2015

Hi,

Operators who have been using JIRA 6.4 have been able to search using issue numbers in the Contains Text field. The situation that is arising is the some issues that have been searched for has been returning a result through searching using the issue key, where as some have not. Details below:

In the 'Contains Text' field the following is entered:

= key-issuenumber

In majority of situations the search returns the correct issue. Even though the key is not mentioned in the Summary, description or the comments. A handful of issues have not been returned in this method of search, even though the issue is set up exactly the same way.

I know the simple solution to this is using either the advanced search method or the Quick search field in the top right corner. However my operators have been using the 'Contains text' field and I would like to find out why only certain issues are not returning in the search.

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
jenny.hollis August 16, 2015

Hi Michael, I have added the screen shots. 1 example of it working, and 1 of it not working.

0 votes
michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2015

Hello, Can you provide some examples of the issue numbers which are displayed and which are not?

Suggest an answer