Contact JIRA administrators - is this expected behaviour?

Deleted user June 22, 2015

This is a self-hosted JIRA v 6.4.  We would like the "Contact JIRA Admins" link on the login screen to email the helpdesk instead of multiple humans. 

If we enable "Contact JIRA administrators" in the general config and someone clicks the link, it emails the humans who are JIRA admins ... this makes sense but isn't what we want. 

If we disable the form "Contact JIRA admins", it leaves the message and the link on the login screen, but takes the user to an error page that says "Your JIRA administrator has not yet configured this contact form."  This doesn't make sense. Shouldn't "disabling the form" also remove the message? 

To add a "custom message" we must enable the form. 

So now I'm thinking that the only way around this is to create a dummy "helpdesk" user and add it to the JIRA Administrators group.  

Or am I missing something perfectly obvious? 

3 answers

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2015

This is the current behaviour, but I've raised https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-43985 to change it.

Make sure to watch this improvement to get updates on it's implementation.

wink

-- Pedro

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2015

Forget that. I found it here..

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
June 23, 2015

Can you provide a screenshot of where you are seeing the Contact JIRA Administrators?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events