Contact Administrators form missing in Jira Cloud despite being enabled

I have a Jira cloud instance. The Contact Administrators form is enabled in the System settings. The documentation for the cloud instances says "Provides an email form for users to fill in when they click the 'Contact Administrators' link (which appears when appropriate in JIRA, e.g. on Login panels and pages)."

I cannot find a Contact Administrators link anywhere, not on login panels or any pages. I've also tried looking for it using an account that has only jira-users privileges. If I'm logged out I can't see it and I can't see it logged in either. I can't find it on any menu, nor in page footers, nor any other place I've looked. How is anyone supposed to find that? Where is it??

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I double checked with Cloud support, the Contact Administrators link is not included in JIRA Cloud. The doc doesn't mention it specifically, though, which is something I can look into. Restricted Functions in Cloud Applications

Please let me know what documentation you are looking at that implies you can use this feature in Cloud, so we can make sure not to mislead people.

I get the same results as Andrew in my eval copy of JIRA Server instance.  No sign of a link to the form anywhere on the site for any level of user.  

BTW Ann, your "Retricted Functions in Cloud Applications" link  is returning a Page Not Found.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

112 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you