Contact Administrators form missing in Jira Cloud despite being enabled

Andrew Ukasick April 18, 2017

I have a Jira cloud instance. The Contact Administrators form is enabled in the System settings. The documentation for the cloud instances says "Provides an email form for users to fill in when they click the 'Contact Administrators' link (which appears when appropriate in JIRA, e.g. on Login panels and pages)."

I cannot find a Contact Administrators link anywhere, not on login panels or any pages. I've also tried looking for it using an account that has only jira-users privileges. If I'm logged out I can't see it and I can't see it logged in either. I can't find it on any menu, nor in page footers, nor any other place I've looked. How is anyone supposed to find that? Where is it??

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2017

I double checked with Cloud support, the Contact Administrators link is not included in JIRA Cloud. The doc doesn't mention it specifically, though, which is something I can look into. Restricted Functions in Cloud Applications

Please let me know what documentation you are looking at that implies you can use this feature in Cloud, so we can make sure not to mislead people.

Wes Hedrick [Information Officer] April 26, 2017

I get the same results as Andrew in my eval copy of JIRA Server instance.  No sign of a link to the form anywhere on the site for any level of user.  

BTW Ann, your "Retricted Functions in Cloud Applications" link  is returning a Page Not Found.

Suggest an answer