Consolidated report for versions across projects

Sarang Chitre December 29, 2016

Hi,

I am working on a two dimensional report that lists Users on on the Y axis and Fix Version on X axis. I am pulling out report for ALL JIRA projects.

We have created same version in different projects so that we can get a consolidated version wise report. So version 3.0 will be there in ALL JIRA projects.

EXPECTATION

User 1025
User 2200
User 3121
User 4203

In the above table: User 1 is working on two versions (2.0 and 3.0) and 7 Epics (2+5) across versions. The 5 Epics for version 3.0 are in different JIRA projects (2 in Project A and 3 in Project B).

ACTUAL Result

User 10223
User 22000
User 31210
User 42012

If you see, 2 columns have been created for the same version 3.0 to show Epic count in two different projects.

Need help to create a report where I get consolidated column of a version (like I have in EXPECTATION section).

Regards,

Sarang

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2016

That's correct behaviour.

Version 3.0 in project 1 is a totally separate version to version 3.0 in project 2.  Versions belong to projects, they're not global.  There are requests for shared global versions, but they're not implemented yet.

Thanks Nic.

Is there any way to consolidate into one column.?

0 votes

I am using the below query:

project in (CS, IG) AND issuetype = Epic AND fixVersion IN (1.0,2.0,3.0) ORDER BY updated DESC

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2016

it may help if you could provide the filter you are using currently.

Suggest an answer