Consolidated report for versions across projects

Hi,

I am working on a two dimensional report that lists Users on on the Y axis and Fix Version on X axis. I am pulling out report for ALL JIRA projects.

We have created same version in different projects so that we can get a consolidated version wise report. So version 3.0 will be there in ALL JIRA projects.

EXPECTATION

User 1025
User 2200
User 3121
User 4203

In the above table: User 1 is working on two versions (2.0 and 3.0) and 7 Epics (2+5) across versions. The 5 Epics for version 3.0 are in different JIRA projects (2 in Project A and 3 in Project B).

ACTUAL Result

User 10223
User 22000
User 31210
User 42012

If you see, 2 columns have been created for the same version 3.0 to show Epic count in two different projects.

Need help to create a report where I get consolidated column of a version (like I have in EXPECTATION section).

Regards,

Sarang

3 answers

1 vote

That's correct behaviour.

Version 3.0 in project 1 is a totally separate version to version 3.0 in project 2.  Versions belong to projects, they're not global.  There are requests for shared global versions, but they're not implemented yet.

Thanks Nic.

Is there any way to consolidate into one column.?

0 votes
Jack Brickey Community Champion Dec 29, 2016

it may help if you could provide the filter you are using currently.

I am using the below query:

project in (CS, IG) AND issuetype = Epic AND fixVersion IN (1.0,2.0,3.0) ORDER BY updated DESC

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

59 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you