• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Consolidate to a single site (I messed something up)

Hello, 

Fairly new here, and have started out by messing things up a bit.  I have two sites listed in my organizations within Jira administration.  One of them, which is currently empty, shows a sub-domain url for the company I work for (infdig.atlassian.com) and the other, where I've setup our projects and backlog for one project has a more generic name of team-######.  

I would like to get everything I've built and setup under the infdig.atlassian.com OR remove the one that currently has the company name and rename the one that shows team-#####?

Not sure what the best approach is or what the steps would be to do that - so hoping somebody can help me out with how to proceed.

Thank you!

Bob

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Bob Boursaw

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand that you would like to move the content under the site team-#####  to another site with your correct company name. Is that correct?

Unfortunately, today we don't have an easy way to properly change the site name/URL (Check CLOUD-7184), so the best and easier option in your scenario would be to export the whole site data using the backup manager and import it to the one you need.

The documentation below provides all the steps to properly export and import your site data in an easy way together with all the considerations that must be taken into account:

Export/import issues 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you