I'm running the example to attach a file to an issue and i'm getting connection timeout. Any idea's here?
C:\>curl.exe -D- -v -u xxxx:xxxx -X POST -H "X-Atlassian-Token: nocheck" -F "file=@c:\\logs\\AIFDBScripts.zip" http://mysite/jira/rest/api/2/issue/SR-2414/attachment
* About to connect() to mysite port 80 (#0)
* Trying XXX.XX.XX.XX...
* 0x200506a8 is at send pipe head!
* STATE: CONNECT => WAITCONNECT handle 0x200607d0; line 1032 (connection #0)
* Connection timed out after 300212 milliseconds
* STATE: WAITCONNECT => COMPLETED handle 0x200607d0; line 984 (connection #-5000)
* STATE: COMPLETED => MSGSENT handle 0x200607d0; line 1676 (connection #-5000)
* Closing connection 0
* The cache now contains 0 members
curl: (28) Connection timed out after 300212 milliseconds
I changed to a test instance of JIRA and the above example works correctly when I changed "attachment" to "attachments" . So I am assuming that this timeout issue in the production JIRA is a "security" feature that has to be addressed by IT. Thanks for the help.
How big is the attachment and how fast is your connection to mysite? If it's a relativley large attachment and you have a slow connection - whatever is sitting on port 80 might be disconnecting you from Jira. Might be useful to take a look at it's logs.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs