Connection settings seen by multiple users

Cinnober Admins February 25, 2014

Hi!

We are trialling Outlook2JIRA and discovered the "Connection Settings" is not personalised.

E.g. I configure the Connection Settings on my computer. My colleague (on their computer) modifies the "Connection Settings" and when I click to see the configuration I can see their username/password.

We use Outlook 2010 with two Exchange mailboxes.

Cheers.

4 answers

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2014

It is nice to hear that you were able to fix the issue. However, this is definitely something to add to the FAQ. Thank you.

0 votes
Cinnober Admins March 20, 2014

Seems to have been an issue on our side. Thanks.

0 votes
Cinnober Admins March 2, 2014

Hi Sebastian,

Discovered today that it could be a user's mail configuration which is incorrect. It's possible their personal account is set as default, and the Service Desk account is secondary, will confirm once I know more.

FYI - Our setup...

- We have two Exchange accounts, "Service Desk" is the primary (default) account and our personal accounts as secondary.

- All users have their own computer/own credentials.

Thanks!

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2014

Hello,

we never heard about this issue before. Do you both use the same credentials to login to Exchange? The connection settings are stored in the profile, so you only need to configure the settings once and can use it on different computers when using the same profiie. But if you have different profiles you should also have different connection settings.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer