Connecting to Jira gives blank webpage with address errors.jsp

Ryan_Nelson August 3, 2016

When I try to connect to JIRA I am redirected to a page that only has the url http:localhost:8080/secure/errors.jsp and no other information.

Looking at the JIRA logs that is the last entry:

http-nio-8080-exec-2 warn ipaddress anonymous 856x2x1 /secure/errors.jsp Rejecting security-senstive request that bypassed Johnson filter

If i run shutdown.sh and startup.sh I can connect but the error returns after a server reboot.

Thank you for any assistance.

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

Hey Ryan!  

When you're doing a full server reboot, are you shutting down JIRA using shutdown.sh/startup.sh prior?  Or just performing a shutdown -r now?

My first thought is that, if you are, the tomcat and/or the plugin cache is getting corrupt somehow, and throwing that error on the subsequent startup.  

To remove the plugin cache:

1.  Stop JIRA
  2. Delete the following folders:
    • JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
    • JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins
  3. Start JIRA

To remove the tomcat cache:

1. Stop JIRA
  2. Access your JIRA installation directory, then the Work directory. Delete the contents of the folder. DO NOT DELETE THE WORK FOLDER. Only delete the contents.

See if that helps.

If it doesn't, could we get more of the log to take a look at?

Thanks!

I have removed the tomcat cache in the past to get it up after a reboot.

I tried deleting those plugin folders and now I cannot get the server to come up at all. I get the error failed to delete felix file in .osgi-plugins. Looks like root took ownership when they were rebuilt. I did a chown jira:JIRA to the directory but still no joy. 

Just doing a sudo reboot.

Like # people like this

Here are last 20 lines of JIRA log file.

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.selectListIteratorByCondition(GenericDAO.java:831)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.selectByAnd(GenericDAO.java:730)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericHelperDAO.findByAnd(GenericHelperDAO.java:150)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.findByAnd(GenericDelegator.java:903)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.findByAnd(GenericDelegator.java:881)
at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.findByAnd(GenericDelegator.java:850)
at com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.ofbiz.OFBizPropertySet.findPropertyEntry(OFBizPropertySet.java:298)
at com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.ofbiz.OFBizPropertySet.exists(OFBizPropertySet.java:170)
at com.atlassian.jira.propertyset.JiraCachingPropertySet.exists(JiraCachingPropertySet.java:566)
at com.atlassian.jira.propertyset.BootstrapOfBizPropertyEntryStore.getType(BootstrapOfBizPropertyEntryStore.java:67)
at com.atlassian.jira.propertyset.CachingOfBizPropertySet.exists(CachingOfBizPropertySet.java:139)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.properties.ApplicationPropertiesStore.getOption(ApplicationPropertiesStore.java:157)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.properties.ApplicationPropertiesImpl.getOption(ApplicationPropertiesImpl.java:85)
... 17 filtered
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
2016-08-03 16:42:00,756 http-nio-8282-exec-2 WARN anonymous 1002x2x1 - 192.168.200.102 /secure/errors.jsp [c.a.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter] Rejecting security-sensitive request that bypassed Johnson filter: /secure/errors.jsp
2016-08-03 16:42:07,386 http-nio-8282-exec-3 WARN anonymous 1002x3x1 - 192.168.200.102 /secure/errors.jsp [c.a.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter] Rejecting security-sensitive request that bypassed Johnson filter: /secure/errors.jsp

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2016

Hmmm.  What version of JIRA is this install?

I've never personally seen this before, but in researching a bit I did come across this issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27438

Specifically there's a comment of someone who was having the same issue that you are after a full sudo reboot.  Looks like it was fixed in 7.0.2, so you might consider upgrading to at least that, (assuming you're on a previous version).

Like Ayan Satybaldinov likes this
Evgeny Erofeev January 21, 2018

Thanks, this works for me.

István Kabai June 6, 2019

Thanks CA u saved my life <3 ! but when jira started load setup screen and can't accept existing databse. Very fine setup.....

Like Ayan Satybaldinov likes this

Suggest an answer