Connecting to JIRA fails

Ole Kristensen October 10, 2012

I get an error when trying to create an Application Link from my OnDemand Confluence instance to my OnDemand JIRA instance.

ErrorMsg.: Username or password are wrong or you don't have administrator rights for the remote application.

I am the Admin of both instances.

3 answers

2 votes
Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2012

Hi Ole,

Unfortunately, this kind of connectivity is not supported by Atlassian OnDemand. Harry is right in that Atlassian OnDemand does not accept any kind of external Application Linking. For more information please view the Restricted Functions in Atlassian OnDemand page.

As you have a Hosted Confluence domain you may be interested in adding Confluence to your OnDemand instance. This Confluence instance can be linked to your JIRA issues and have all connectivity without having to configure anything. At the same time it will be directly reachable from your JIRA top bar.

You can add this from your my.atlassian.com account by clicking on the Configure link on the right under your OnDemand instance.

I hope that clears things up, please let me know if you have more questions!

Thanks Ivan,

but I thought Atlassian would do that for me, because my 'hosted' Confluence says: "This hosted product is being prepared for Atlassian OnDemand migration. We will contact you to coordinate the migration once your product is ready." . Is that still the case? If not: Could you please close my 'hosted' instance as soon as possible?

I don't have any need-to-have content, because we're only using it for testing. We have on-premise iEnterprise nstallations of both Confluence and JIRA already in place.

I will add an Confluence instance as you suggested above in the OnDemand area.

Cheers

Ole

I now have setup everything in the OnDemand area and it seems to work, except ...

Inserting the macro Createn JIRA Issues in the wiki works, but when inserting the feed to list JIRA issues inside the wiki page it returns this error:

Error on line 137: The element type "link" must be terminated
by the matching end-tag ">/link>" <br/>class
java.io.IOException

???

Ivan Maduro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2012

Atlassian is rolling out migrations from Hosted to OnDemand in waves, and you would automatically be notified when your hosted site would be migrated to OnDemand, as part of this process all of your hosted data would have been migrated as well.

I will make sure your old Hosted instance will not be renewed and expire automatically.

As for the error, this is caused by an incorrect URL entered into the JIRA issue Macro. You can follow the instructions On the JIRA Macro page on how to find and enter the URL needed to display this list. You can also use this to create JIRA lists in Confluence based on a custom searches!

I'm glad to answer any other questions,

Cheers,

Ivan.

Ole Kristensen October 11, 2012

OK, great!

Thanks for your support! Very much appreciated.

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2012

Hi, are they the "same" OnDemand instance, i.e. under the same URL? This is a restricted function and if they are under the same URL it should already be configured. If they are separate, I'd contact Atlassian support for help.

The usual policy is no external application links for OnDemand, but being both OnDemand, they might be able to work something out.

0 votes

Thx Harry,

It's actually 2 different domains onconfluence.com and atlassian.net and I would expect that to be the problem then. I have assigned it to support.

Cheers

Ole

Suggest an answer