Connecting Project to Kanban

Daniel Tinney July 28, 2014

I've recently started using JIRA a project managing tool in our team. So I might not know if this is actually meant to be.

I've imported a few existing Projects from Bitbucket, created Kanban-Boards for each and would like to connect them.

Is it possible to connect a Kanban to an Existing Project ?

(If yes how ?)

Thanks a bunch.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2014

A Kanban board is entirely based on a filter, so the easiest way to "connect a project" is to create the board and then go into the board definition and make sure the basic filter says something like "Project = X, Y or Z"

It's likely that your message about "not shown" is also related to the board filter. If your board filter is something simple like "project = X, Y or Z", then you won't really see this problem, but if it is more complex, like "project = X, Y or Z, and issuetype = bug", then you can see how you run into it - from the board, create a new issue and select "task" as an issuetype - it will be created ok, but won't appear on the board, because the filter excludes it

As an additonal thing to look out for, there's a second filter on the filter definition page which further filters the boards! That one catches me out all the time.

Thanks that's very helpfull info !

0 votes

Ok. For some reason I got a message after createing a Issus/Task: no shown. I don't know what changed or what happend but now, when I create a Issue it gets tracked in the kanban board. So it's allready connected.

Suggest an answer