Connecting Jira to an Internal Directory with LDAP Authentication

UNAVCO July 2, 2014

Connecting Jira to an LDAP server which is an Active Directory works. While trying to set up a delegated LDAP authentication, to the same Active Directory instance, using the same credentials and settings is not working.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
UNAVCO July 8, 2014

Working now. No futher help needed. Thanks.

0 votes
UNAVCO July 2, 2014

I was somehow able to solve this problem, but don't understand why it's working since I redid the procedures I tried yesterday. I changed the directory order, marked and unmarked "copyUser on Login," disabled a previous directory, LDAP Authentication, type Active Directory.

0 votes
UNAVCO July 2, 2014

Thanks for your reply. We did mark the option, "Copy User on Login." The error is occurring during the initial test, so we haven't been able to save the configuration and change the order. I have uploaded a snapshot of this configuration and the atlassian-jira.log

0 votes
UNAVCO July 2, 2014

(atlassianJiraLog.txt)

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2014

Hi there, is there any error in the logs? Also, as some upfront suggestions:

• In some cases the problem is that the option "Copy User on Login" is not marked.
  • In other cases the order of the directory influence the authentication, you may try to put the delegated directory on the top position.

Cheers

Suggest an answer