Connecting Jira (not Jira Service Desk) to Confluence Knowledge Base.

Jason Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013

I really like this feature but we don't need and wouldn't us all that JIRA Service Desk offers. I would be happening connecting our base JIRA instance to a Confluence knowledgebase. Does anyone know if this is possible. I want to force my user to have to search in the process of creating a new JIRA Issue.

Thank you in advance.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jason Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013

The only "plugin" that can do this seems to Jira Service Desk.

0 votes
Sergio Navarro January 23, 2014

I think this is a must have feature. Is incredible that Jira not developed a suggestion of Confluence Knowledge when creating an issue in JIRA On-Demand.

If any know any mode of get something like that, please, tell us.

Thanks,

Paco.

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2013

OK, I got it.
As far as I know it's not possible to search Confluence directly from the "Create Issue" dialog.

Perhaps there are some plugins or so who offer this possibility?

0 votes
Kirstin Seidel-Gebert
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2013

Hello Jason,

this Atlassian doc pages may be helpful to you: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Integrating+JIRA+and+Confluence

Cheers,
Kirstin

Jason Turner
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2013

I didn't find anything on this pages that references searching a Confluence knowledge base when an issue is being created in Jira.

Suggest an answer