Connecting JIRA to Postgresql

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2017

I'm trying to connect JIRA to a postgres database following this instruction:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/connecting-jira-applications-to-postgresql-861253040.html

However, I'm getting this message 

Error connecting to database

Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.

Connection refused

Is there any tips about what to configure and how to troubleshoot the problems?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 26, 2017

Hi Nguyen,

Hopefully you've been able to get around this by now, however, the error is that the connection is refused so I would start by checking that your firewall is allowing connections through the port Postgres is on - usually 5432.  There is a good response on the Stackoverflow site that can provide some things to check.  Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

Nguyen Tran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2017

Hi Branden,

I have managed to connect to the database. You can close the question :D

Thanks,

Nguyen

Suggest an answer