Connect roles with rights

Outerheaven March 5, 2013

Hello there if got another question:

Is it possibel to connect roles with rights like for exampel: Only a Platformmanager should be abel to create a story or delet it or only a requirement-engineer should be abel to create a analysis task.

This should be done without groups so that the administration effort is minimal.

Is there a way to realize it?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2013

No, Jira has a flat, simple "Do you have create issue rights in this project" rule. It's not done at an issue type level. You could set up separate projects to delimit the types, but that's about it.

So there is no way to implement the rights for the users?

We often got the problem that our developers create cards wich are wrong (instad developer-task they make a analysis task) and shouldn t be in the iteration.

Isn't there a way with groups? There must be some way.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2013

There are some hacky ways to stop them, but I've only seen them implemented in the core of Jira and not Greenhopper at all, and they're not particularly friendly or elegant. The nicer ones use a bit of javascript to read the users profile and delete options from the drop-downs, but I've not done it myself (and I've not seen a working one in Greenhopper)

So we working only with one projekt. Is there no way to regulate the behavior of the users? For exampel with a permisson Schemes?

We won t to code, that would be to much effort.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2013

No, as I said, the code in Jira only handles create permission at a project level.

Suggest an answer