Connect and related 1 kanban Board to other Kanban Board

Verdy Yanto December 29, 2015

Hi

I have some problem with my JIRA . I have 2 kanban board that allready implement in my company. But 2 kanban board that i mention is related. 

For excample :

i have 2 kanban Board

a. Kanban Board A with status colomn To Do , Progress, Done

b. Kanban Board B with status colom To Do, Progress , DOne

the scenario my problem is :

1. I change status ticket from kanban board A from To Do to Progress

2. System automaticly respond and create auto ticket in kanban board B and the ticket status will be set "To Do"

Can the JIRA Cloud do that ? is it possible ? or maybe there's another way to fix my problem? 

Hopelly you guys can answer

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2015

The boards are not related to each other, so that's an incorrect starting point for this question.  A board is a view of a set of issues.  Forget "create in board", that's irrelevant and the wrong way to think of it.

Thinking in terms of the projects and issues, not boards.  To cover the boards, think "this board lists these issues" such as "issues in that project" or "issues that have that field set to something".

So, now you've got that, your only real question is "how do I create an issue when a workflow transition happens?"  For which, you will need some code.  You'll need an add-on to do that create-issue for you.

Suggest an answer