Connect Jira with Active Directory

arminiusbit October 21, 2012

I'm trying to connect Jira to Active Directory, so all users will be taken from AD. I've tried lots of configurations in user base DN, user filters, group filters, but couldn't reach wanted result. Jira most of the times took all users from AD approx. 170, but i have only 94 real users. I've created group cn "jira-users" in OU=Security Groups,OU=MyBusiness,DC=company,DC=local. "jira-users" group contains members (all company departments). All real users that needed to be syncronized from AD to Jira are members of "ALL" group.

LDAP schema in Jira (read only with local groups option):

BASE DN: ou=MyBusiness,dc=company,dc=local Additional User DN: ou=SBSUsers,ou=Users Additional Group DN: ou=Security Groups 

LDAP Permissions:

Default group memberships: jira-users User Schema Settings User Object filter: (&(objectCategory=Person)(memberOf=cn=ALL,ou=SBSUsers,ou=Users,ou=MyBusiness,dc=company,dc=local)) Group Object filter: (&(objectCategory=group)(memberof=CN=jira-users,OU=Security Groups,OU=MyBusiness,DC=company,DC=local))

Membership Schema Settings

Use the User Membership Attribute:

• When finding the user's group membership (ticked)
  • When finding the members of a group (ticked)

I'm getting an error:

Test retrieve user : Failed User does not exist

or

Test get user's memberships with 0 groups retrieved. : Failed

4 answers

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hi Alya,

Sorry for the delay. My take in regards to your issue is to create a support ticket on our support channel so that we could review your LDIF export confidentially instead of trough public channel such as our Answers portal.

Judging from your logs snippet it is necessary for us to review your LDIF export to understand very well why Confluence did not retrieve any users and groups even though the search filter looks fine.

We are looking forward to further investigate your issue.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

0 votes
arminiusbit October 23, 2012

I've added attached file with error logs on it. Thx

0 votes
arminiusbit October 21, 2012

(log.txt) thanks

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 21, 2012

Hi Alya,

Sorry to hear that, however in order to further investigate this we would need to review your logs. Could you please try the following steps:

1. Saved the configuration
  2. Try to synchronize the directory
  3. If its failed, check your logs which is located in <JIRA_HOME_Dir>/logs/
  4. From there you should be able to see synchronization process, starting with (syncrhonization start) lines
  5. Copy & paste it into here for review (censored if necessary)

Hope the logs help us to investigate this further.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Suggest an answer